maandag 12 oktober 2009

To pick a pick....

What a difference a pick makes;

One of the things I had absolutely no idea of is the amazing difference a ,to me, simple pick can make. After my first tryouts on my newly procured Gypsy Jazz guitar I quickly noticed the difference between a thick and a thin pick. But I was really in for a schock when I first struck my strings with the Wegen pick I got in the magical Palm guitars shop in Amsterdam (if you have the chance you really have to go and see this shop!).

Listen to the difference between picks for yourself:


Some picks I tried the last few months:

1. An ultra thin Fender pick.
2. A pick my girlfriends uncle made me out of a plastic container.
3. A thicker pick, but one I intent to lose grip on during "La Pompe".
4. A genuine handcrafted Wegen Gypsy Jazz pick.


Click to read entire weblog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten