zaterdag 3 oktober 2009

Know thy Gods...

A quick summary of Gypsy Jazz Gods;

After my first internet encounter with Jimmy Rosenberg I watched this beautiful dutch documentary about his tourmented young life filled with enourmous talent and drug abuse.

My interest got aroused and I wondered who this (in the documentary) often refered to "Django Reinhardt" was. I found many answers in another great movie:


Watch Swing Guitar - The Genius Of Django Reinhardt.divx in Music  |  

Once the life, fortune and misfortune of Django became clear to me I started wondering about his followers and yet another great documentary movie crossed my digital path.


A small excerp from the movie: "Django Reinhardt Legacy" be sure to pay attention to little Jimmy round the campfire.

Now I new about Jimmy's big cousin: Stochelo Rosenberg, and about Angelo DeBarre, Babik Reinhardt, Fapy Lafertin, Bireli Lagrene, Tchavolo and Dorado Schmitt to name but a few, I could start to build up my cd collection and get to know them all...

Click to read entire weblog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten