donderdag 15 april 2010

How Youtube changed everything....

Denis told me about Thomas.

I somtimes asked myself if I was doing the right thing writing this blog. I mean, there are some visitors that seem interrested, and it's fun for me to have as a souvenir. But could it really be helpful to the way I learn to play Gypsy Jazz. And as a matter of fact it actualy did! Here's what happened:



I posted this video of me improvising on licks from the Denis Chang learning DVD. I got one reply wich came from Denis Chang himself. He recommended seeing a good friend of his who could help me out with the basic technique. And this is how I met Thomas Baggerman. A brilliant young Gadjo guitar player who was able to tell and show me everything there is to know about the right technique (I will talk about the importance of this in another post)


Thomas Baggerman at a workshop with Denis Chang.

Now this event changed everything for me since Thomas already had years of experience in the Gypsy Jazz scene he introduced me to numerous Gypsy Jazz festivals and to the Sinti musicians here in Holland, and, even more important he showed me the right way to experience Samois! (more on this in later posts)


"The Thomas Baggerman Trio in action"

Visit The Thomas Baggerman Trio on:www.thomasbaggermantrio.com


Click to read entire weblog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten