vrijdag 8 januari 2010

My first encounter...Finaly...

Popy Basily at Club Madness, The Hague;



Yesterday was the big night, I was finaly going to withness genuine live Gypsy Jazz in Club Madness in The Hague. Since a few months now Popy Basily is playing there every thursday night....

When we arrived at the club it was still empty, except for Popy and his band members; Mark, Gino and Antal sipping beer at the counter. I sat down on the squeeky barchair and awaited the magic. While my brother made fun about my nervousness Popy got on stage and a small miracle unfolded!

The watching crowd not much bigger than the band itself wen´t crazy hearing Limehouse blues, Dark eyes, Minor Swing, Sweet Georgia Brown, Bossa Dorado and much more played at a dazling speed with mindblowing virtuosity.

During the break, enjoying a sigarette in front of the club I asked Popy if he would teach me...and he would....

Click to read entire weblog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten